Today Sherry began speech therapy at the University of Oregon. It was a tough day, but also a good day. They began by testing Sherry's attention skills, which we have all agreed to be the most important thing to focus on at this time. Like most such tests, it began simply and progressed to more complex tasks. Sherry's student therapist did a wonderful job trying to give Sherry instructions on completing the tasks. Sherry was able to catch on to the very first part of the test with some cues, but really struggled after that. She kept up her usual great attitude however and worked so hard.
I am so proud of her and we both know this is where she needs to be at this time. Not only will she be getting valuable help from the U of O students she works with, but they will be learning a lot from her as well. She will be seen at least two times a week at the clinic and that makes us both happy. A new stage of our journey has begun. We will keep you informed.
Today Sherry sent out some emails. She did it while her assistant Kathleen was taking our dog, Keesha, for a walk. She did it totally on her own. She opened up the email program, clicked on each name, typed in a very short "hi" and clicked "send." She was so proud of herself. Thank you all for replying so fast. I promise she will not overload your inbox anytime soon, but getting short replies from you guys does more for her than you can imagine. I may email you myself as time goes by and ask you to to challenge her a bit more with some simple question. This is in the future though.
enough for now,
I love my wife....tomorrow we MOVE FORWARD,
Dean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Sherry,
Hi from Roseburg Oregon home of the Julians...I hope you remember me...I used to work with Dean @ EHSC...Jeff and I had the privelage of coming to your wedding...I can't believe it has been 10 years!!!
Anyway, I saw Dean @ the conference at the Hilton yeasterday and got your webasite address to drop you all a note...
I want you to know that I have been praying for you and Dean and the girls since I heard about your illness two years ago...actually last time I saw Dean at a conference...
Anyway, I think about you all often and wanted you to know that...
Love from the Julians
Susan, Jeff ,Laura & Molly the dog
Post a Comment