It has been forever since my last post. I am trying something new at
this point that I hope will help me post on a more regular basis. A
few months ago I purchased an iPhone (a great piece of technology by
the way) Anyway, the phone has some basic word processing capability.
It just occurred to me that I can use it to write down my thoughts as
I find the time (like on my daily bus rides to and from work every
day) Then when I am done I should be able to email the document to
myself and then post it from home. We will see how this works. I will
write more in the morning on my way to work and post when I am done.
Well I'm on my way to work. Needless to say, much has happened since I
last reported way back in late October. I guess the most important
news is a change in Sherry's caregiver situation. We decided to make
the change after a lot of thought. No need to go into all of the
reasons here, I will just say we needed a fresh boost of enthusiasm
and a new perspective. We are in very good hands. I use the word WE on
purpose here. Sherry's new assistant not only does everything she
needs do for her, she also goes out of her to help the rest of our
family. She considers it just part of her job to make life easier for
us all. She likes to spend time with girls, involving them with
preparing dinners or baking cookies etc. She is still learning our
routine and the way we like everything done but we think she is
wonderful and doing a great job. Most importantly, Sherry has nothing
but great things to say about Gayle.
Sherry continues to see Kelly at the U of O Speech Clinic. They are
working very intensely on Sherry's attention span. She does attention
exercises at the clinic twice a week and the Gayle oversees the home
program. We are going to be measuring "real world" results soon, I will
let you all know how she is doing in the future.
Due to the process of changing assistants Sherry has taken a break
from vision therapy. I am in contact with her vision therapist and hope to have
her begin her sessions again very soon.
Overall, Sherry has handled all of the changes very well. She
continues to want to work hard and we are still seeing progress. I
expect to see more when her vision therapy resumes.
Enough for now......
I love my wife..... Tomorrow we move forward.
Dean
Sent from my iPhone
Monday, December 03, 2007
Trying something new :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GLAD YOU HAVE IMPROVED HELP! LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT UPDATE....
Post a Comment