Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Update

We had a very good weekend. Brittney was baptised on Sunday at our church, a decision that she herself made several months ago. We are very proud of her. My sister and mother and Sherry's mother and step father were in attendance. After services we were off to Pappy's Pizza to celebrate. Sherry walked from the car to the building by herself. She was able to stop for cars to pass and step up onto the curb without assistance. I am really trying to work with her to be aware of where her feet are and to pay attention to the terrain when she is walking. There is still work to do in this area. On the way out she would have fallen off the curb without a reminder that it was there. But she is getting better about this, always telling me that she is "using her eyes."

After pizza we walked over to Winco and did some shopping. On the way out we ran into one of Sherry's former supervisors , Tana. Sherry was very excited to see her once she realized who it was. She told Tana to watch out, that she was coming back to the courthouse for another visit soon.

At home Sherry continues to work very hard with Kathleen on her in-home therapy program. She is always running amuck and organizing things around the house. On most Mondays Sherry and Kathleen drive to Vally River Mall and walk the circuit two times which I guess equals two miles. I am in the process of buying some adaptive computer equipment for Sherry. Soon she will have an oversized keyboard, a bigger monitor (okay, okay...maybe I wanted that also :) and a trackball. I am hoping that with the help of these items and some practice Sherry will be able to write some simple emails soon. So, keep an eye on your in-box, you may be hearing from her in the future!

enough for now,

I love my wife...tomorrow we move forward,

Dean

No comments: