Thursday, July 26, 2007

Two years today

WOW....it has now been two full years since Sherry was hospitalized. July 26, 2005....everything changed. It has been quite a journey since. Sherry seemed in a funk all day today, I'm not sure she knew why. But when we talked about the anniversary, she realized why. We hugged for a good long time and shared a few tears. I am so glad she is still here, despite the difficulties. I love her so very much and cannot imagine life without her. I have had to grow up in so many ways since her illness. I relied on her way too much, let her do most of the hard work in our family. When the time came for me to step up and take more of the lead I was very ill prepared. I have grown, but I still fall short much of the time.

Next month will mark our tenth wedding anniversary. Sherry wants to stay the night in the same hotel we stayed at on our wedding night. I have made the arrangements so we will be staying at the Phoenix Inn on Saturday August 4. The next day we plan to renew our wedding vows at Allison Park Christian Church. We are keeping it pretty low key, but if anyone out there wants to come, you are welcome. I will post info about the time later.

We had to postpone Sherry's evaluation at the U of O for a few weeks. Sherry was not feeling well on the day of the actual appt. Nothing serious, just a little bug that passed. We are still excited about the possibility of getting involved with the university. Sherry's therapy at Sacred Heart has been cut back again despite her continued progress. She will now only get speech therapy twice a month for 45 minutes. That will not get us where we want to be, so we continue to look at other resources. No matter what we will continue to move forward.

If any of you who read this can contact Sherry, I know she will appreciate it. She misses hearing from her friends at the courthouse for sure. You can call her at 607-0761 or email her at deanojack13@comcast.net. This is a tough time, with the 2 year anniversary and just a short email truly makes her day We will be planning a visit to the courthouse in the next few weeks. I know she is excited about that.

Enough for now,

I love my wife....tomorrow we move forward,

Dean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alot has been endured over this two year time. The roller coaster shall return to the station. It is truely incredible the obstacles that must be faced. I'm proud of the unity and growth through the many difficult trials. Definatetly inspiring the drive to get better. Keep focused on the solutions. Stay determine. No going back now. Keep on moving forward.....

Love YA!

Eric & Family

Anonymous said...

It has been a long two years for us all. We have all had trials lately and have had to go within to find the strength to face them. We have all grown a lot and deserve some good karma. Keep up the work Sherry it will pay off. Anything good is worth waiting and working hard. You inspire many people with your story and even through the tough days you always find that inner strength and we all love that about you. We are all very happy that you are doing so well and continue to make such great progress. We love you very much. Congrats on 10 years....we all know that is not easy. Sean and I are coming up on our 10 years in December and I hope we can make it another 10.(despite his earing he just got, that I think is stupid!!!) It is all about compromise and forgiveness. Family is really what is important in life and I am glad to be apart of the Emert clan. Happy birthday to Dean and soon Chelsea, Mathew, Sean, and Ashlee. Busy month!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dean.

I heard this song by the Forester Sisters and thought of you and Sherry. It is called you again.

Looking in my life
thru the eyes of a young girl,
Growing older all the time,
maybe just a little wiser
I can clearly see all my mistakes keep coming back to visit me.

Pointing out the roads not taken
So much I'd like to change,
but one thing I'd do the same

I'd choose you again
I'd choose you again

If God gave me the chance to do it all again
I'd carefully consider every choice and then Of all the boys in the world,I'd choose you again

Times weren't always good,
seems like the Lord Gave all the easy parts away

But every time the road got rocky,
you'd look at Me and say,
had all you needed
long as I Was there with you,

You're the reason I kept going
If I could start my life anew
The first thing that I would do
is Choose you again.

Happy Anniversary!