Wednesday, December 12, 2007


Well I'm on the bus heading to work again, ready to start another week. This
is really working out well, writing the blog entries on the bus while
listening to music or podcasts. I will be able to post much more often
and it makes the bus rides go by quickly also.

On Sunday, Sherry's family had their annual holiday party. We all got
together in the clubhouse at the manufactured home park where we live.
Sherry's sister Michelle and her family made the trip from the Bend area,
Sean's family and Joy and Curtis were there also. We enjoyed a lot of
good food and company. Sherry does not get to see her sister very
often, so she was excited at the opportunity.

Sherry's new assistants Gayle continues to amaze us with her willingness to go the extra mile
to help us out. She is great at working with Sherry on her home
therapy sessions and Sherry gets along with her very well. She made
the comment that Gayle is beginning to feel more like a friend than a
"care provider" That is what I have been looking for all along.

Well, the holiday season is upon us with all that it entails. I hope
that it goes well for all of you and that you experience all of the
joy this time of year offers and only a little of the added stress.
Probably wishful thinking, but that is my hope for everyone.

On the home front, both Chelsea and Brittney have been sick for the last few days. Chelsea stayed home from school on Monday with a pretty bad head cold. Brittney developed "stomach flu" the next day and has been home the last two days with a sore tummy and a 102 degree fever. This is very unusual for them. The girls usually get perfect attendance awards at school. I don't think they have been kept at home due to illness more than two or three times each since they came to us over six years ago. Chelsea is still coughing quite a bit, but has been a trooper. Brittney's fever is much better and I hope she will return to school tomorrow (Thursday.)

We have adopted yet another new member into our family. We have several stray cats who live in the area. Sherry and the girls have taken to feeding them, much to my dismay (as I put the finishing touches on this post at home, I can hear one of them meowing loudly on our front porch, wanting in from the cold. One of the strays is a beautiful, solid black cat that the girls named Midnight. It became pretty obvious that Midnight used to be someones pet. He is very tame and lovable and I finally gave in and let the girls bring him in. He has become Chelsea's "little prince" and is now an indoor/outdoor member of our family. Our other cat, Kali is not sure what to think at this point, but will get used to him in time I think. Midnight and Keesha have had a few little run ins with Keesha getting the worst of it. I think she is now resigned to the new reality and pretty much ignores the interloper. Gayle has a lot of experience with animals and has been very helpful integrating Midnight into our household.

ERIC...I got your phone msg tonight, we will try to call you on Thursday evening (just in case you are reading this:)



Enough for now,

I love my wife......tomorrow we move forward.

Dean

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good-bye 2007 hello 2008 may we all have a safe and healthy new year!

Anonymous said...

Good-bye 2007 hello 2008 may we all have a safe and healthy new year!

Anonymous said...

Good-bye 2007 hello 2008 may we all have a safe and healthy new year!

Anonymous said...

Good-bye 2007 hello 2008 may we all have a safe and healthy new year!