Saturday, July 15, 2006

A good day



This afternoon Sherry's mother and step father came to visit. We had not seen them for a bit because they had been travelling in Alaska. Sherry's mom took her to get a much needed haircut and Curtis and I stayed home and got caught up. After eating lunch we put the memory card from their camera into our DVD player and watched a slideshow of their recent trip. Sherry was pretty excited and said she could see quite a bit. I am looking forward to making a DVD of all the pictures for them. I have not really done any video editing work since Sherry first got sick, almost one year ago now. Wow...Sherry was hospitalized on July 26th of last year. It is so hard to believe that it has been a year. Sherry has come so far. A doctor at Sacred Heart and a nurse at Eugene Rehab told Joy and Curtis that Sherry would probably spend the rest of her life in a nursing home. Nobody ever told me that, which was probably a good thing. Well...as far as I'm concerned, she has proved them wrong. She still has a long road ahead of her, but she is making progress, getting better and better as she would say. She is home with her family, where she belongs. She has hope for the future, and goals she wants to reach. She is truely my "miracle in progress."

After Joy and Curtis left we had a family movie, Mary Poppins. The girls really enjoyed it (not my favorite movie) Sherry could not stop talking about her mothers visit and getting a haircut. All in all it was a very good day.

Enough for now.

I love my wife......tomorrow we move forward.

Dean

No comments: