Monday, July 10, 2006

Small setback

On Thursday, July 6th Sherry had some kind of an "incident." We are not sure at this point if it was a seizure or not. She suddenly began to say that she could not hear anything. This has happened twice before, but always cleared up within 10-15 minutes. This time it lasted much longer. We got her home and into bed, she slept most of the day. When she woke up, her hearing seemed fine, but it was soon obvious that things were not quite the same as before. She had lost the ability to navigate around the house, something she was getting very good at. Everything else seemed okay, she just could not figure out where she was in space and where she needed to go. She had come so far in recent weeks and this was very disconcerting to us all.

I am posting this on the 10th of July and I talked to her neurologist today. He wants to schedule a new MRI for the near future. The good news is, tonight she was much better about getting around the house on her own again. Through all of this most recent turn of events, she has been very calm and remained in great spirits. She is truly amazing to me, my "miracle in progress" as I call her. I love her so much.

Last night we went out to dinner with my family to celebrate my mothers birthday. Sherry did great despite the loudness that I know was very difficult for her to deal with. She was s real trooper and had a great time.

Today, Sherry had a massage! Thank you Dona, for giving her a gift certificate! She loved it, thought the woman who gave her the massage was just great...we will be calling her again.

Well, enough for now.....tomorrow we move forward :)

Dean

No comments: