
Okay, okay....maybe I am finally getting into the spirit of the season. It has taken awhile, but I am starting to get into it a little bit. Sherry remains her "bah humbug" self, but I think deep down inside she is just glad to be here for Christmas.
Last year at this time, she was still in pretty bad shape having just come out of the second coma (or whatever it was that made her totally unresponsive for over two weeks.) I was reading from the "Visitor Log" that I put together for Sherry when she was at Eugene Rehab and Speciality Care. On December 13th, 2005 Sherry's stepmother Dona had visited and written in the log " Sherry "found" me. She knows who I am tonight." I was there the next day and wrote "Good visit, Sherry sat up in her bed to eat. She remembers our trip to Boston-she remembers a visit from Pastor Doug earlier in the day-she is making progress." Later that day my sister Kim wrote "Sherry is so happy, she can see shadows." I realize, more than ever just how far Sherry has come since then. It has been slow, steady progress and I know she is not done yet. I give her a very good chance to reach her goal of working again. Her timetable of three months may or may not reasonable, but she has the spirit and work ethic. If anyone can pull it off, I think she can. If she does not, we will just keep plugging away, always moving forward.
Thanks once again to all of the professionals who have and who continue to help Sherry. Thanks especially to our family and friends who continue to carry us through this. We hope all of you have the very best holiday ever.
Enough for now,
I love my wife tomorrow we move forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment