Wednesday, January 03, 2007

busy times

Just a short post until this weekend when I promise to get everyone totally caught up on life during the holidays. I promised Sherry that I would post tonight and that I would include a picture of her (from the old days) on a motorcycle. That I will do this weekend. But I wanted to let people know that things have gone pretty well over the last few weeks. However, two nights ago we had some kind of "episode" where Sherry again became somewhat disoriented, having trouble navigating around the house and most troubling of all (because it is new) developed difficulty using her right arm and hand. This seems to come and go, sometimes she can do things that she is accustomed to doing and sometimes she cannot. This is frustrating because it has been so long since we have had anything like this happen. Things had been moving along pretty good and this development is a bit of a disappointment. Sherry is dealing with it pretty well, although she is concerned about it as we all are. We saw Dr. Mundall, her neurologist today (a scheduled appt.) and he is not sure what happened. Overall, he is very happy with Sherry's progress but of course is concerned about the latest developments. He wants to just give things a little time and see what happens. Hopefully things will resolve over time, as they always have in the past. I will keep you all posted.

Sherry also had her vision therapy "mid-way" progress appt. today. The news was all very good and I will tell you more about it over the weekend, I promise. I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long, the holidays have been so busy. I know there are a few of you out there who really do check to see how she is doing, I will try to be better about posting a bit more often. As always, I encourage you to make a comment to this post or send Sherry an email at deanojack13@comcast.net and give her some words of encourgement. It is always appreciated, especially when things get a little rough.

Happy new year everyone, enough for now

I love my wife....tomorrow we move forward,

Dean

No comments: