
We all had a very good weekend. Sherry really seems to be back on track. She drove everyone crazy (well, sort of anyway) over the last few days with her constant cleaning up of the house. She does her best, but still needs supervision to be safe. So, I would be helping Brittney with her school work and Sherry would get up and head off to the bathroom or something and I would have to stop what I was doing and follow her to make sure she was safe. Most of the weekend I didn't know if I was coming or going. Every now and again, Sherry would sense a little frustration on my part, she would wrap her arms around me and say either " but you got to love me," or "at least I'm here this year to drive you nuts" That of course put a huge smile on my face and we would move on.
We are hoping that the bad weather has finally passed. It played hell with our schedule, making it more difficult to get Sherry to therapy appointments etc. If the weather improves, we are planning on expanding Sherry's therapy opportunities. We would like to get her into a special swimming pool program for people who have suffered strokes. Even though she did not have a stroke, we all think it would still be very beneficial for her. We are also going to start to look for some kind of vocational program, where Sherry would have the chance to work on more job related skills and inter-personal skills. In the mean time, she will continue with her usual therapies and just continue to push forward. As she would say, "it's the only thing allowed."
I also wanted to take a moment and wish our grandson Ethan a very happy birthday. He turned 4 on the January 9th and also to Kelly who had a birthday on the 13th. I apologize for being very late about this. I am now in charge of things like this and I can barely remember my own birthday. Hopefully one day in the future, Sherry will be back in charge and we will be more timely. Thanks you for the response to one of the last posts Eric, it really does make a difference in your mothers life.
enough for now,
I love my wife......tomorrow we move forward...it's the only thing allowed afterall
Dean
1 comment:
As distant as we are the blog helps keeps us a little closer. Glad your back on track Mom! The chance to work on more job related skills and inter-personal skills should be great. The pool should help build strength and confidence. We hope your able to make everything come together and continue to get better.
We love ya,
Eric, Kelly, Cody, & Ethan
Post a Comment