Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

It has been a very busy few weeks. Friday, August 3 we had a bar-b-cue party for Chelsea's 14th birthday. I think it went pretty well, she had a few friends along with most of our family attending. We had dogs and burgers and a nice cake. It was alot of work, but with Sherry's illness, the neither of the girls have a a quality birthday the last two years. I wanted to make this one at least a little special. Hopefully, Chelsea thought it was a good one...she said she did at least. Early next month we do it all over again for Brittney's 12th.

The week before Sherry had her eval interview with the Speech program at the U of O. We were both very impressed with the professor who will oversee Sherry's treatment. Her area of expertise is speech/language (of course) along with the neurological aspects that I think will prove to be so important for Sherry. The only bad thing is she can't start until the second week of October, but we knew that going in. Hopefully Sacred Heart will continue to see her on a limited basis until we make the change. I was so impressed with the fact that Karen had read our website before we came in. I also asked her if she knew much about Sherry's original diagnosis, Reversible Posterior Leukoenceptholothopy. She told us no, but that after reading our website, she had done some research on it. That made me feel good. We don't expect this change to miraculously change everything, but I really do think this is where Sherry needs to be at this time. I look forward to working with Karen and her students.

On Saturday, Sherry and I spent the night at the same hotel that where we stayed on our wedding night ten years ago. Sherry had a great time even though we were not able to get a room with a hot tub like we did back then. I had reserved one, but when we walked into our room, no hot tub to be found. Apparently, they are refurbishing all of the "spa" rooms and the work had begun a week early. We were supposed to get a phone call to let us know, but we didn't. We enjoyed the evening anyway, Sherry even drank a small glass of champagne. I need to thank my mother for taking the girls for the night and making it possible for us to get away.

Tomorrow I may well become an uncle for the first time. My brother and his wife are expecting their first child, and she will probably be induced tomorrow. Everybody in the family is very excited of course. Maybe I will post a photo of the new arrival if it is okay with the new parents.

Enough for now,

I love my wife....tomorrow we move forward,

Dean

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dean, Thank you for giving me the link to your web site. You are such a blessed man. Every entry that I have read has made me cry. May God richly bless you and you family. you are SO AMAZING to me. Thank you for being you. In HIM, Julie "Luke's mom"

Anonymous said...

Dean, Thank you for giving me the link to your web site. You are such a blessed man. Every entry that I have read has made me cry. May God richly bless you and you family. you are SO AMAZING to me. Thank you for being you. In HIM, Julie "Luke's mom"

Anonymous said...

Dean, Thank you for giving me the link to your web site. You are such a blessed man. Every entry that I have read has made me cry. May God richly bless you and you family. you are SO AMAZING to me. Thank you for being you. In HIM, Julie "Luke's mom"

Anonymous said...

Dean, Thank you for giving me the link to your web site. You are such a blessed man. Every entry that I have read has made me cry. May God richly bless you and you family. you are SO AMAZING to me. Thank you for being you. In HIM, Julie "Luke's mom"

Anonymous said...

Dean, Thank you for giving me the link to your web site. You are such a blessed man. Every entry that I have read has made me cry. May God richly bless you and you family. you are SO AMAZING to me. Thank you for being you. In HIM, Julie "Luke's mom"