
Yesterday, Sherry's CT scan confirmed that she does have a hernia. More specifically, a
ventral hernia. We will meet with a surgeon on the 29th. to determine what to do next. In all probability she will undergo a surgical procedure. After doing some internet research last night, I am comfortable with the possibility that this can be done laproscopically and she can avoid invasive open surgery. We won't find out, of course, until we talk with the surgeon. We will keep you all posted. Sherry is more upset about having to wait than she is about the actual operation. She just wants the "watermelon" gone. I think she is a little more apprehensive than she lets on, but overall, she has a great attitude about it all. It's just another step in "moving forward" and "getting her Sherry back." I am more convinced than ever that she can do it to. When she first came home in February, I was hopeful that she could recover. But I told myself that this could be it, this may be how my wife is forever. I was okay with that. I am still okay with it. If her recovery were to stop tomorrow, it's okay and we will make the best out of the situation. I love her no matter what and will stay by her side. But after watching her slow, constant progress, her work ethic and can-do attitude, I now expect her to get her old self, or very close to it, back. She remains my "miracle in progress."
On Sunday we had a small family gathering to celebrate (belatedly) Chelsea and Brittney's birthday. Chelsea turned 13 in early August and Britt turned 11 at the beginning of this month. We had a very long, difficult summer with many behaviour issues that made things difficult for Sherry (and Jody and I as well.) With school revving up again, we hope things will settle down, although as we all know, with kids it never really settles down. Despite all the trials and tribulations of raising our girls, I am so glad that they are part of our life. I can't imagine life without them. This last year has affected them in ways that we don't even realize, I'm sure of that. We are all doing our best to make sense of what happened and to move on as best we can. With all that the girls have already gone through before coming to our family, it has got to be so hard for them. They almost lost another mother. I am not always good about remembering that. Above is a picture from the party.
enough for now,
I love my wife....we won't stop moving forward until the job is done
Dean
1 comment:
Appreciate your thoughts and the status status update...
Love Ya,
Eric & Family
Post a Comment