Monday, November 20, 2006

Moving forward, but.....

Once again, I am sorry for the delay in posting. Sherry continues to recover slowly from her surgery. She had her first follow-up appt. with Dr. Ruff a few days ago and everything is going very well. The drainage tube was removed and she was very happy about that. She does need to continue wearing the binder for a few more weeks (she is not so happy about that, although she understands why it is necessary.) She is beginning to get up and "run amuck" again at home. There seems to be little, if any pain at this point. She has pretty much stopped taking pain medication. Now it just seems to be a matter of time before she gets back to her therapy sessions. She is planning on going to her vision therapy appointment on Wednesday, her first step to getting back on track. Overall, we are pleased with where she is. She seems to have made through this and is almost ready to move on.

Having said that, I would personally appreciate it if those of you out there who follow this blog would post a response to this entry or maybe email Sherry at "deanojack13@comcast.net" There are "life things", as she would put it, going on around her that are weighing heavy on her mind and affecting her outlook on things. I have seen a real change in her attitude in the last several days. She tends to be more down on herself because she cannot help like she thinks she should. I think once she gets back to her regular schedule and keeps herself busy, things will improve. But for now, she could really use a few words of encouragement. She has come so far, but she has more work ahead of her. It feels to me like this is an important moment in her recovery and I would appreciate your help.

enough for now,

I love my wife....tomorrow we move forward,

Dean

No comments: