Thursday, August 10, 2006

even on a less than good day...

Kind of a hard day all the way around today. Not profoundly hard, but somewhat difficult. For me, at work it was the last day of class for the year. I help teach 4 different preschool speech and language classes. Two of our classes will continue next year, but two of the groups will be moving on to kindergarten, so we will not be seeing them again. We have been working with some of these kids (and families) for over two years now. It is hard to say goodbye, but I know we have done alot to help them and that feels great. I have been doing this for about 12 years now and have seen many kiddos come and go. I am proud of what we do. My job has made it easier to get through our personal difficulties. I have had to get though the last few days without my cohort, Teacher Lynne. Lynne is recovering from ear surgery and will return next week. GET WELL SOON TEACHER LYNNE! I have had Brittney and Chelsea come to work with me all of this week to help out. I think it has been good for them and they have enjoyed it.

Sherry had a bit of a down day. Just thinking about what she cannot yet do instead of how far she has come. I remember when she first came home in February, I use to get kind of angry at her when she got this way. I just wanted to always be so positive, to plow ahead as if she shouldn't have normal feelings. It took me awhile to realize my mistake. She needs to know that it is okay and normal to have down times...who wouldn't? Now we just talk, joke our way out of it. I have two rules that I "enforce" with Sherry. She cannot say anything that is untrue about herself and she cannot put herself down. Other than that, if she wants to complain, whine, piss and moan I will listen. The majority of the time her attitude is amazing and is what keeps her going. She is doing great, even on a less than good day.

it's late....enough for now,

I love my wife....tomorrow we move forward,

Dean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to leave a short note saying how much I appreciate this blog.
Dean thanks for everything you do on a daily basis and all the responsibilities you have "temporarily" taken over while my mom mom recovers.
Mom, I want you to keep up all the hard work and I appreciate everyone that has helped out with my moms recovery.
Heres to moving forward.
I love my mom!

sean

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

Love Mom & Dad