Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The vision thing


Only time for a real quick post as I get ready for work this morning. We got the okay from Dr. Mundall, Sherry's neurologist, to proceed with vision therapy. She will be evaluated soon to see if this kind of therapy can help her. Sherry's vision issues continue to be her primary concern, it worries her the most. When she first came out of the coma like state she was in for over six weeks, she could only see light and dark, and not much of that. She has what is called Cortical Blindness. The damage to her brain is in the area that affects vision. There is nothing wrong with her eyes. The brain is just not making sense of what she sees. It is difficult for her to explain what her vision is like. She says she can see somethings and not see other things. Certainly her vision has improved, but it remains very frustrating to her. Although there appears to be some permanant damage the brain is a mysterious thing. We remain hopeful that there is more improvement to come.

I think Sherry paid a price for being such a trooper on my birthday this weekend. She was pretty sick the next day. She was better yesterday, but still not quite herself. Hopefully today she will be all the way back.

The picture on the top of this post is Sherry's most recent attempt at signing her name. It is by far the best, she is getting better at it. She was rightfully proud of what she did, holding the piece of paper in her had to show me as soon as I walked in the door last night. I am so proud of her.

well, thats all I have time for this morning,

I love my wife.... today we move forward

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a good anniversary...but it cost too much! We went to Outback and I had steak and yummy bread and honey had salmon. I enjoyed talking to Eric..I am glad he is okay. I love and miss him and his family. Happy birthday to Sean...my biggest baby! Happy birthday to Chelsea...our official teenager!!! Also, happy birthday to Mathew and Ashlee...the grandkiddies. I am working very hard. I love you honey bunches. Have a good day! Welcome home mom and dad from Alaska..hope you had a good trip. Thank you to my Jody for her help. Therapy was good today. I worked hard and walked all the way to the parking garage. All my therapists' are great and work hard to help me get better. I enjoy seeing them every week. Thank you to them all.

Remember Summer is almost over...back to school kids!!!

I am moving forward!