Today was a good day for me. I took our youngest daughter, Brittney, to work with me and totally enjoyed it. She was great working with the kids and really did help out alot. We both had lunch with my mother and that was great as well. A couple of things that had been weighing heavy on my mind were resolved. It looks as if Sherry's therapy will continue without interruption, at least for awhile longer. We are always afraid that OMAP will begin to deny coverage for her therapy sessions. She is still doing great, making great strides. It would be such a shame and very shortsighted for the State of Oregon to stop now and leave the job half finished. Sherry has so much potential and is so willing to put in the work, I can't believe that anyone would stand in her way. But, we know that it could happen at any time. We are trying to make arrangements for therapy alternatives in the event her sessions are cut off. But for now, all is well.
I was able, with the help of the downtown congregation of our church, to arrange for transportation to summer camp for both of our girls. As most of you know, I have never been able to drive due to a lifelong eye problem. Sherry has not been able to drive since her illness began. It is not easy raising a family without a car. We find ourselves constantly depending on others for help. I think it is one of the hardest things we have had to deal with since this all began. We are very fortunate that we know so many caring people who are willing to help. We appreciate you all.
Tonight, during dinner Sherry made a point to tell me that she could "see" her corn and her spoon better than she usually can. I watched her eat and it was like watching a normal sighted person eat. After dinner she got up to "run amuck" in the kitchen. She asked me why I hadn't put the Mayo away after seeing the jar on the counter. Then she told me I should cover the cookies Jody made with something so they would last longer. She is trying more things, working even harder at home. She is thinking things through, trying to figure out ways she can do things. She asked me to print out the letters of the alphabet so she can improve her skills in that area. She seems to be on a roll. She is still my "miracle in progress" and I love her so much.
Well it's time to turn in. If you have read this far, why not click on the "comments" link just below this post and send Sherry some encouraging words. She really appreciates them, as do I.
Enough for now,
I love my wife.......tomorrow we move forward
Dean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment