Monday, August 07, 2006

the little moments......

We now have an official teenager in the family. Chelsea turned 13 on Aug. 2nd. God help us all....lol! Chelsea is getting ready for a week of camp coming up this Sunday. It will be the longest time she has been away from home (if you do not count her stay at grandma's during Sherry's illness.) We think she is ready for it and hope that she has great time. We want to thank Allison Park Christian Church for paying for both of our girls to go to camp. Our church has been such a blessing to our family during this entire ordeal. I know we don't thank them enough.

The first of August was our 9th wedding anniversary. We waited until this last Saturday to celebrate however, going out to dinner at OutBack. With the exception of locking ourselves out of our house and a real "keystone cops" adventure getting back in, it was a wonderful time. I have a very special plan in store for Sherry next year for our anniversary.....shhhh, don't tell her :)

Happy birthday to Sean! We will celebrate with you this weekend.

This evening Sherry got up to go to the bathroom, something she does by herself all the time now. As I was working on the computer in the living room, Brittney suddenly said "daddy, mommy is digging around in her dresser" (something she does not normally do.) I walked into the bedroom and sure enough, she was into one of her drawers. She was almost a little teary eyed when she said "I was going to surprise you." She was looking for a nightgown and she wanted to get into it by herself. I helped her find one and then left the room. In less than two minutes she walked out in the nightgown with a great big smile on her face. We all gave her a huge hug and Brittney began to read the words she saw on Sherry's nightgown...."it's the little moments that make life special."

How true.

enough for now,

I love my wife.......tomorrow we move forward.

Dean

No comments: