Saturday, September 02, 2006

Surprises

I'm a little on the tired side again tonight. I guess sitting in the 93 degree heat at Autzen for several hours drained me. I know that Sherry will be disappointed if I do not post an entry tonight though. She had quite a day. So, with the replay of todays game on in the background...heres what happened.

In order for me to go to the game, Sean came over to spend the afternoon with his mother and watch the game on TV. I went to the game and hooked up with my buddy Steve and a friend of his (our usual "third" Rick was returning today from an Army Reserve stint in South Korea, but was unable to make it in time for the game.) We ran into my brother and his wife in the Mo Center before the game and had a nice visit with them. Then it was up to our seats in the heat for the game. The Ducks were up big midway through the fourth quarter, so I left early to beat the LTD rush (and the heat.)

When I finally got back home I found Sherry in the best mood I have seen her in a long time. She was so happy. The first thing I noticed was that she was wearing one of my old Duck t-shirts. Now, I don't recall Sherry donning Duck stuff....EVER! My first thought was, how on earth did she get the shirt on. I was pretty sure Sean had not helped her....lol. He told me that she had just gone into the bedroom and started looking through my dresser until she found an appropriate shirt. Brittney was in the room with her and gave her one verbal cue about the the shirt being upside down and then Sherry put it on herself.

At some point during the afternoon, she went into the kitchen and decided the stove top needed to be cleaned. So, she cleaned it. After I got home and Sean had left, I made dinner and when Sherry was finished I watched her pick up her bowl and cup, carry it into the kitchen, rinse them off in the sink and put them into the dishwasher! She needed a little help finding the faucet handle, but that was about it. It was not totally smooth, it took her some time and effort to find the appropriate places to put the dishes in the washer, but she did it. She is trying so hard. She wants to get "her Sherry" back. It was just a few months ago that we were all so happy that she was able to get out of her chair in the living room, walk to the bathroom, use the bathroom, and then make it back to her chair. Now she is beginning to do some other routine household things. She thinks she will do even better when she gets her glasses later this week. In two weeks she begins vision therapy, who knows what kind of progress she will make then. We are certainly very optimistic. If vision therapy helps her, what will that mean for all her other therapies? It is just an exciting time and we are so hopeful. Today was a good day. Sherry enjoyed her time with her son, enjoyed watching the game and the things she accomplished around the house.

enough for now,

I love my wife......tomorrow we move forward

Dean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Sherry! "Forward moving Jackson coming through!" Sean really enjoyed spending the day with you and watching the game on the "big screen" Go Ducks! Sean is on his way out the door to work..he says "love you mom!" We are all very proud of you, keep up the great work. Have an awesome day, see you tomorrow.

PS School starts soon! yeah!