
First...Sherry had her pre-op appt today and everything is set for her surgery on the 9th. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she goes through what is hopefully the last major medical procedure she will have to go through.
Going back a few nights.....Sherry attended the 5th Annual Communication Achievement Awards put on by my employer, the Eugene Hearing and Speech Center. This is our annual "event," held at the Hilton Hotel, to recognize people who have overcome, or helped others to overcome communication challenges. It is also a fundraiser for the Center, which is a non-profit organization. I am always heavily involved in the preparation for the event, producing the digital backgrounds, the programs, the invitations, posters and a video presentation. It is a stressful time for those of us who get the event ready and I think we are all glad it is over. It all went very well and was very successful.
Last year the evening was dedicated to Sherry as she was going through her ordeal. This year she was introduced from the podium by the Executive Director of EHSC. She stood up and accepted a very nice round of applause. It was a very touching moment and we both appreciated it very much. Sherry enjoyed the rest of the evening socializing with the many people who wanted to say hi, or meet her for the first time. She did great, was a real trooper. It was really her first big night out since coming home to us in February. She got all decked out with new clothes she bought just for the occasion , not to mention a new haircut as well. Unfortunatly, I had to work the event taking photos all evening, so I was not able to spend too much time with her. I want to thank Trish for agreeing to be her assistant for the evening. Once again, Trish really came through for us.
I am planning on posting more photos of the event and maybe even the video I produced on the media page of our website, www.sherrysjourney.com
enough for now,
I love my wife......tomorrow we move forward,
Dean
1 comment:
Dear Sherry (& all the rest of the family): Great achievement, attending the awards evening. You done great, daughter, we be very very proud of you!
And our prayers will be with you, and we will be in the waiting room awaiting to greet you when you come out of surgery-- and will see you even before you go into surgery. We be counting on you to come thru in great form.
Love, Dad & Mom Miller
Post a Comment