Thursday, December 07, 2006

Can I have your job please??



Earlier today, Sherry made her third trip back to the Lane County Courthouse to visit friends and co-workers. It has been quite some time between visits. Sherry wanted to wait until her surgery was past her before she went back again. I was unable to be there this time so Jody went with her. From all reports it was was quite a visit. Sherry is seeing better than the last time she was there and I hear that everyone could tell. Sherry was looking all around, taking everything in, noticing changes in where people worked, checking out the new flat screen computer monitors. She told everyone there that she wants to be back to work by the end of February. She has a goal. I don't know if she can reach it by that date, but I think she will get there. She is so determined and works so hard. I talked to her former supervisor, Carmen on the phone later in the afternoon to see how things went. She is going to try and help Sherry out by providing a list of job related tasks that Sherry might work on during her therapy sessions. I think this will do her a world of good, knowing that she is actually working on specific things related to a job. This will also give us a better picture of where she is and how much there is still left to do.

Sherry will resume speech therapy on Monday and hopefully her other therapies later in the week. She has already started back up with her vision therapy and that is going well. She was even able to walk on a low balance beam with little trouble. She continues to amaze us.

As I was writing this Eric called from Chicago. Sherry got up out of bed (no easy feat as not much will get her up after she has gone to bed) to talk with him and the grandkids. It put a big smile on her face and some tears to her eyes. She told me after talking to Eric that today was just an "insane good day." She got to see her friends at the courthouse, talk to Eric. Tommorrow whe will see Sean and on Sunday she will see her mother and sister as we have a family get together at the clubhouse here at the park where we live. She is on a roll.

enough for now,

I love my wife......tomorrow we move forward,

Dean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A BALANCE BEAM!!! Are you kidding me? How many months ago was it that you could hardly walk on a flat floor.

Hope that you are getting in the holiday spirit. You don't have to BAH! Humbug! this year. And sometimes it is okay to celebrate Christmas in December.

Love you kid...

Anonymous said...

Sherry is getting into the spirit of christmas. She even has her tree up before me! We are looking forward to dinner with everyone this weekend!

Love you all

Happy Holidays!