Friday, August 11, 2006

something as simple as a .........

Before Sherry became ill one of her favorite simple pleasures in life was getting into her oval bathtub filled almost to the brim with scalding hot water. She would lay back and just soak it all in, watching a little tv, maybe eat a Skittle candy or two, sometimes light a few candles. She would be in heaven. Due to the complexities of getting in and out of her tub, we had not dared try a bath since she came home to us in February. It has been well over a year since Sherry has been able to enjoy a hot bath. Tonight we finally said enough talking about it...lets just do it! So tonight, Sherry got another little piece of her life back. Something as simple as a hot bath, it is amazing what a difference it can make. She did it. Getting in the tub was not too difficult. When the tub began filling with hot water, she started to cry she was so happy. When the tub was done filling I left her alone, peeking in on her from time to time. This is the happiest I have seen her in quite some time. When it was time to get out, I have to admit, I was a little anxious. But she did it with ease (and a little help from me.)

I know that being able to take a bath when she wants to will help bring back some sense of normalacy to her life. She is coming back, a little bit at a time. It is a joy to be a part of it. Tonight was a good night.

enough for now,

I love my wife...tomorrow we continue to move forward,

Dean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!
awesome!!!
way to go mom!


I love you mom

let's continue to move forward!

SEAN

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sherry. I was glad to hear that you did it. You have worked so hard and it paid off. Lets continue to get our Sherry back. I am so proud of you. You are awesome! Love you!

Love Jody

Anonymous said...

Have a happy day.

Mon & Dad